We have an annual tradition here at Groundwork of publishing a holiday gift guide that encourages you to shop local. This year, we’re going to mix it up a bit and focus on gifts under $20. Turns out, there are a ton of great local options for all of your yankee swap, coworker, host, and miscellaneous gift-giving needs.
Read on for our favorite local finds under $20. And be sure to check out our 2017 Local Gift Guide for even more great ideas. Happy shopping from all of us at Groundwork!
- Give the gift of nourishment with delicious tea blends by Bilo Herbs. Groundwork member Carissa Wills-Demello is the fearless female behind this business. She’ll be at Hippo for a popup on Saturday December 8.
- Try a gift card to People’s Pressed, downtown’s cold-pressed juice bar. They’ve also got smoothies, bowls, avo toast and more.
- Treat a friend to a class at Good Yoga. The drop-in rate is a reasonable $12 and the classes are designed to be a solid practice for all abilities and bodies.
- Who doesn’t love No Problemo hot sauce?!?!?! Need we say more?
- The recently opened Barre New Bedford is offering gift cards. Drop-in classes run $18-22.
- A $20 gift certificate to The Indigo Spa Company will get you a 45-minute infrared sauna session.
- For the fitness-minded, try a water bottle from Boutique Fitness.
- For the fashionable hostess or coworker, try earrings of a necklace from downtown’s trendy boutique Calico.
- Everybody loves a decadent brunch! Gift them Sunday brunch at Carmine’s for $18.99.
- Book them a wine tasting at Travessia Urban Winery, open Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Give the gift of adventure– Carabiner’s climbing gym features the highest walls in the Northeast. Day passes run $16.
- Treat them to an afternoon of history with admission to the New Bedford Whaling Museum.
- Mantra bracelets, available at BeJeweled, are both inspiring and stylish.
- For the beer enthusiast, Buzzards Bay Brewery offers growlers and plenty of t-shirts, coasters, and swag.
- Keep them warm and caffeinated with a pound of Winter Roast or a coffee mug from Coastal Roasters in Tiverton.
- Gift the gift of green with a unique houseplant from Peckham’s Greenhouse.
- Treat them to a month’s worth of croissants or specialty donuts with a gift certificate to The Baker New Bedford.
- Hippo has cute gifts under $20 galore! Here are just a few selections:
Screenprinted Kitchen Towels $14Coffee Milk Candles $12Ceramic and Enamel Coffee Mugs $12-$16Enamel Pins $10-$12Christmas Ornaments $10Stickers $3Some Earrings $10-$18Sculpted Bird Ornaments $18Notebooks $8-$12Socks $12Soaps $7Bath Bombs $7Nail Polish $11Prints $10-$18
- Treat them to gourmet cheese or a specialty sauce from Sid Wainer’s Gourmet Outlet.
- Go for a New Bedford classic. The NBMA Harpoon T-Shirt at Solstice clocks in just under $20 and is always a favorite.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Member Spotlight: Dean Slocum - January 4, 2019
- Best of New Bedford: 20 Gifts under $20 - December 7, 2018
- Umberto Crenca on Building AS220: Be persistent in selling your vision - December 4, 2018