Read about our procedures for a safe return to the office.
COVID Safety Policy and Procedures
What changes have been made to the space?
- All desks have been arranged to allow a minimum of 6 ft of distance between each person. Dedicated desks are now arranged in pods of 2 with a privacy screen separating them. For our first phase of opening, we will seat a max of one person per pod or table. Privacy screens have also been added to all of the large wooden tables.
- Sanitizing stations are located in the following areas:
- Printing area
- Meeting rooms
- Phone booths are closed for use until further notice.
- Chairs have been removed from meeting rooms to limit all meetings to a maximum of 10 people (Moby), 8 people (Draper), and 4 people (Shuttle).
- Chairs have also been removed from the kitchen counter.
- We have installed a touchless soap dispenser and trash can in the kitchen.
- Signage through the space will reinforce the following guidelines.
- Staff will sanitize high touch areas 2-3x per day, depending on traffic and usage. These areas include:
- Doorknobs on the Maxfield street entrance, main space entrance, and all conference rooms.
- Kitchen - refrigerator handles, counter, faucet, coffee station, creamer, microwave, cabinet pulls
- Printer keypad
- Staff will sanitize meeting rooms and associated meeting items (markers, remote controls, etc.) between each use
- Staff will maintain a daily cleaning log as well as a daily attendance log
- Staff will enforce an occupancy limit of 10 people/day
Member behavior protocol:
Before coming to GW:
- Do not come to Groundwork if you are experiencing any of the known COVID symptoms. We may send you home if you are demonstrating symptoms of any kind.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- We ask that you refrain from visiting Groundwork for 10 days after any travel outside of New England.
- If you become a positive or probable COVID case and you have been at Groundwork recently, report to Sarah immediately. Your privacy will be respected.
While at GW:
- Wash your hands upon arrival to GW.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from other members at all times when moving about the space.
- Wear a mask when moving about the space. You may remove your mask at your desk and in meeting rooms.
- You are responsible for sanitizing your work area before and after use. Cleaning products will be available at all flex seating areas.
- We will implement a coaster system in shared work areas: a green coaster marks a clean space and red indicates that it needs cleaning.
- Limit kitchen use to one person at a time.
- Sanitize hands before entering the kitchen.
- Wash your hands before you leave the kitchen.
- It is recommended to bring your own coffee mugs and reusable utensils; however, mugs and utensils will be available.
- We will run the dishwasher on the sanitize setting with bleach every night.
- For the time being, please refrain from eating in the kitchen. Take your food back to your work area.
Meeting rooms & guest policy:
- Guests are not allowed to work in the main space until further notice.
- If you have guests for a meeting, you must report all guest names and contact information to Sarah.
- Please meet your guests at the door and escort them to a meeting room.
- Meeting room capacity is limited as follows:
- Moby: 10
- Draper: 8
- Shuttle: 4
- Office RND has been programmed to require a 20-minute buffer between meetings. During this time, staff will sanitize the space. Please be conscious of running over your scheduled meeting time to allow for cleaning.
- See the front desk for whiteboard markers and remote controls. We will hold them and sanitize them between use.
- Please do not bring food into the meeting rooms until further notice.
Bathrooms and common areas:
- Keypads have been installed on bathroom doors.
- Building staff will sanitize bathrooms daily.
COVID RESPONSE PLAN:
- If you test positive or are determined to be a “probable positive” for COVID, notify us immediately. Your identity will not be revealed.
- We will notify any members who were in the space at the same time as the positive member.
- We will also notify DPH of the positive case and the names of all contacts. DPH will provide them with further guidelines and information.
- The physical space will be closed for a deep clean.
- As our staff will follow strict guidelines, it is possible we may need to close should our staff experience symptoms.
- After-hours and weekend access will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with us to request access.
These guidelines were created in accordance with: Massachusetts Sector-Specific Safety Standards to Address COVID-19 for Office Spaces