Drawn to the collaboration of a coworking space, Will brings a passionate approach to “Giving Entrepreneurs the Power to Persist” through his work at eforever, and also loves spending time with his family and pets. Read on to learn more about his impressive and interesting work- life balance.
What’s your profession?
Describe a typical workday for you.
My typical day at eforever is a mix of prospecting for new members, talking with current members, connecting with our referral partners and meeting with my colleagues.
What’s the biggest challenge you face at your job?
The lack of face-to-face meetings for our groups– Zoom is okay, but in-person conversations with nuances and body language cues create more effective outcomes!
Do you have a morning routine?
I’m wicked lucky to live at Camp Wingate*Kirkland with my family. That means I get to start each day with a 20 minute walk around the property with coffee in hand alongside our two Goldendoodles, Eddie and Fozzie Bear. After dropping off our 10-year-old at school, I’m working by 8:30am.
What are your favorite productivity tips or hacks?
- Turn off as many notifications as possible on as many devices as possible!
- Give yourself permission to check your email three times a day.
- Have music playing while you work, and customize it to your benefit, depending on time of day, day of week, mood, etc.
- Check out Notion.so – I’m slowly but surely becoming a convert, especially thanks to Marie Poulin’s videos – she’s a terrific ambassador and teacher! As she says, “Notion offers you a way to integrate all of your tasks, documents, activities, habits, ideas, and creativity in one place. It’s the most versatile and customizable platform for personal and professional organization + productivity, and the one I use to run every area of my life and business…”
What do you listen to during the day?
I am a huge fan of the band Phish (55 live shows and counting!), and their extended jam mixes are a great way for me to think clearly and get things done while not being distracted by lyrics!
How do you benefit from using a coworking space?
Humans are social creatures, so I love the unexpected “collisions” that can happen at Groundwork: Who will I see? What conversations will happen? Where do they lead? Working in a shared environment forces combinations that would never happen. I am soooooo tired of silos. They are for farmers… Groundwork is for collaborators!
What’s in your digital toolbox?
I am grateful that my wife/business partner is Apple-obsessed. That means I am fully committed, from iPhone to iMac and Apple Watch. Besides Notion, I am a mega-fan of Woven for scheduling/time-blocking as well as Slack, because it replaces email with a more effective way to communicate.
What is the most surprising or unusual aspect of your life?
We live with a pig! His name is Z and he’s 9.5 year-old Mini Pig from Waco, TX. He’s wicked smart, totally potty-trained and his only character flaw? He still operates on a 5am/5pm feeding schedule!
What’s inspiring you during the COVID pandemic?
My dogs – Their unconditional love has never been more crucial, welcome and delightful. A dog’s operating principles are a humbling reminder of how humans could navigate through any challenge!
- Entrepreneurship and the healing power of pets: MeetWill Rubenstein - January 12, 2021
- Sailing, Whaling, and Good Design: Inside the world of Ger Tysk - September 25, 2020
- Safe Fall Activities on the South Coast - September 24, 2020